1. RCIC Responsibilities and Commitment
In consideration of the fees paid and the matter stated above, the RCIC agrees to do the following:
- Offer immigration advice related to the client’s specific situation.
- Offer recommendations related to the client’s specific situation.
- Answer any relevant questions in the time period allotted.
2. Client(s) Responsibilities and commitment
The client(s) must provide to the RCIC:
- All necessary and relevant documentation.
- All documentation in English or French, or with an English or French translation.
3. Billing and Payment Terms
The client(s) will be billed by flat feerelated to the time frame and the type of consultation fee booked.
The fees are due upon booking the consultation session.
Payment types accepted are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal.
All fees are subject to 5% GST (GST# 78834097280RT0001).
4. Refund Policy
The granting of a visa or awarding status is at the sole discretion of Immigration, Refugees, and CitizenshipCanada (IRCC) and not the RCIC.
- The RCIC does not guarantee any positive outcome or decision with IRCC.
- The client is responsible for any decisions that he/she makes and is always encouraged to get a second opinion from another RCIC or Lawyer.
- There will be no refunds for negative decisions made by IRCC.
- Meetings can be rescheduled with 48 hours’ notice and there will be no refund for cancelled or missed consultancy sessions.
5. Dispute Resolution
Please be advised that Carman Gosselinis a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) with membership ID R510167, and is such, bound by its By-laws, Code of Professional Ethics, and associated Regulations.
In the event of a dispute, the client(s) and RCIC are to make every effort to resolve the matter between the two parties. In the event a resolution cannot be reached, the client(s) are to present the complaint in writing to the RCIC and allow the RCIC sixty (60) days to respond to the Client(s). In the event that the dispute is still unresolved, the client(s) may follow the complaint and discipline procedure outlined by ICCRC on their website:
NOTE: All complaints forms must be signed
ICCRC Contact Information
Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)
5500 North Service Road, Suite 1002
Burlington, ON, L7L 6W6
Toll free: 1.877.836.7543
All information and documentation reviewed by the RCIC, required by IRCC and all other governing bodies, and used for the preparation of the application will not be divulged to any third party, other than agents and employees, without prior consent except as demanded by law.
*The RCIC, and all agents and employees of the RCIC, are also bound by the confidentiality requirements of article8.1 and 8.5 of the Code of Professional Ethics.
**The client(s) agree(s) to the use of electronic communication and storage of confidential information. The RCIC will use his/her best efforts to maintain a high degree of security for electronic communication and information storage.
7. Force Majeure
The RCIC’s failure to perform any term of this Retainer Agreement, as a result of conditions beyond his/her control such as, but not limited to, governmental restrictions or subsequent legislation, war, strikes, or acts of God, shall not be deemed a breach of this agreement.
- This Agreement is considered terminated upon completion of tasks identified under section 1 of this agreement;
- This Agreement is considered terminated if material changes or occur to the Client(s) application or eligibility, which make it impossible to proceed with services detailed in section 1 of this Agreement;
- This Agreement is subject to the laws in effect in the Province of Saskatchewan.
The Client(s) acknowledge that they have read this agreement, understand it, have obtained such independent legal advice as they deem appropriate, have sought translation and agree to be bound by its terms.